What kind of job are you looking for?
9405 SW Gemini Drive Beaverton, OR 97008
We are seeking a System Engineer to provide general engineering support on well-defined engineering problems; formulate systems scope and objectives; analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, and devise or modify procedures to solve problems using data processing and networking subsystems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for feasibility studies, systems design, and implementation to develop new and modify the company' s information processing systems based on the overall business strategies
- Develops, plans, and implements the overall strategic goals of an organization' s information system based on the overall business strategies
- Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future information systems requirements to meet the organization' s needs
- Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risk areas based on the overall business strategies and ensure adequate levels of controls are in place to address those risks
- Recommends and schedules information systems repairs and upgrades
- Provides quality end users support for all Enterprise applications and information systems in a fast and efficient manner
- Installs and configures information systems servers
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems about information systems
- Document detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer applications and information systems
- Recommend and Implement monitoring technologies and provide real-time monitoring of information systems and applications
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external systems security posture
- Perform security reviews on systems and development projects as directed
- Implementation of security software updates/upgrades and changes
- Ability to coordinate with IT Staff to provide emergency assistance in the event of systems failure
- Respond to virus/malware detection and removal
- Implement suitable vulnerability and threat management protocols to safeguard information systems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude to recognize, diagnose, and implement security solutions for diverse network infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Proficient in:
- All Windows platforms (Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, Windows 10 …)
- Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) & Clusters
- SAN Technologies (FC, FCoE & iSCSI)
- Remote management and administration
- Writing complex shell scripts (Command shell, PowerShell, etc.).
- Microsoft Office365
- Active Directory
- Server Hardware Maintenance (HP a plus)
- Exchange Environments Local, Cloud, and Hybrid
- Distributed Applications Environments
- Networking Components and various Internet servers/services (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SSH, etc.).
- Exposure or working knowledge in:
- Enterprise Backup Strategies
- SQL Server Experience
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and various Internet servers/services (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SSH, etc.).
- Cloud Familiarity (Azure, AWS)
- Knowledgeable in High Availability and BCP concepts (RAID, SPOFs, Failover Clustering, Server Farms, etc.).
- Database Driven Application Integrations
- Enterprise Applications such as an ERP Package (Dynamics GP) a plus
- Linux OS (Ubuntu, CentOS …)
- Preferred candidates to have an industry-recognized certification in:
- MCSE preferably 2012, 2016 or newer.
- Intrusion detection/analysis (SANS/GCIA or SCSE, or any other) a plus but not required
- Networking (CCNA, CCNP)
Shannon Malcom Peters
Executive Technical Recruiter - Direct Hire Services
Shannon has been with EdgeLink for 10+ years and is the most senior recruiter on the direct-hire services team. She has extensive experience in recruiting practices and development, as well as client and account management. Her focus is on building long-term business partnerships with her candidates and clients to provide exceptional talent solutions.
Shannon holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Linfield College.