What kind of job are you looking for?
Staff DevOps Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Our Integration Team is tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product through interfaces with high-volume mission critical systems across a wide range of technologies.
As a DevOps engineer your goal is to accelerate the engineering teams success and productivity by providing guidance on best practices for builds, code flow and release strategies and implementing effective CI pipelines.
You will also be working closely with the test automation team to facilitate a large matrix of regression test automation, new feature test automation and releasing code to the public.
Did I mention the robots? We have robots integrated into the CI pipeline to test hardware interactions! You will help to make sure the army of REST enabled robots are fully tasked via our Continuous Integration / Continuous Test pipeline.
- Maintain the continuous integration environment and build infrastructure
- Manage the releases of the public SDKs, including automating the release process where applicable
- Create and maintain production deployment automation for internal tooling and environments
- Assist in maintaining the hardware testing lab
- Understand technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; ensure that the CI and build pipelines keep up with changing business needs
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- Work closely with both local and remote technical teams and remote business operations teams
- Solid experience with Jenkins and specifically declarative pipelines
- Experience supporting a polyglot environment including knowledge of gradle, maven. Java builds, Android builds, Microsoft builds, and iOS builds
- Experience with multiple scripting languages, python, groovy, powershell and shell preferred
- Experience developing integration microservices i.e. REST front ends for hardware libraries, is a plus
- Excellent teamwork habits and skills: Work gracefully within a diverse high-powered team
- Passionate about debugging across technology boundaries
- Affinity for excellence: Provide and accept feedback that helps the team and the product mature in quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Solid ability to understand, implement and adapt enterprise patterns
- Comfort with Enterprise-grade cloud monitoring and analytics is a plus
- Strong automation skills, specifically automating builds and test scenarios
- Experience with Google Compute and/or AWS is a plus
- Experience with building and deploying java applications as docker containers is a plus
- Familiarity with MySQL or standard SQL language is a plus
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Work effectively in a large existing codebase
- Flexible and self driven
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies rapidly
Technical Recruiter - Direct Hire Services
Andres was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Given his experiences, he learned that the best way to succeed was to be comfortable being uncomfortable. With that mentality, he decided to move to Omaha and attend Creighton University, where he met his soon-to-be wife, Maureen. Together, they decided after graduating to try something different and move to Denver. In his spare time, Andres loves to watch sports, particularly Detroit sports teams, and especially the Detroit Lions. He also loves to spend time at the park with Maureen and their dog, Oliver.