What kind of job are you looking for?
Pre-Sales Data Center Engineer
Portland, OR 97209
We are seeking a Senior Data Center Systems Consultant to join our team and drive the success of pre- and post-sale project engagements.
As an integral part of our team, the Senior Data Center Systems Consultant works with the our sales team, other engineers, and customers providing pre-sales and post-sales engineering and consultative design and implementation services related to data center infrastructure projects.
- Analyzing technical needs, requirements, and state of a customer current infrastructure and operations
- Identifying opportunities and developing technical solutions to meet customers’ needs and requirements
- Reviewing and validating solutions to ensure compatibility and consistency with our standard methodologies
- Assist the Sales and Engineering groups with requests for quotes / information, bids, proposals and statements of work
- Perform the build, configuration, testing and maintenance of servers, storage, virtualization and networking related hardware and software
- Develop design/testing/implementation and change control documentation
- Track project tasks against project plan and meet project achievements
- Provide status to management on work as required
- Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, vertically and horizontally within an organization
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service and analytical skills
- Work well with people from many different disciplines
- Work with other IT support personnel and service providers to resolve technical problems
- Working in conjunction with others team members towards maintaining and publishing a set of written procedures and standard methodologies for the delivery of pre- and post-sales engineering services to customers
- Rapidly learn new technologies and paradigms
- Understand and abide by all security and operational polices
- Embrace and support our mission and core values
- Knowledge of a wide range of hardware and software technologies. Primary focus for products and professional services is on vendors as follows: VMware, NetApp, Cisco, and Rubrik.
- Understanding of server, storage, virtualization, datacenter and networking technologies, and best practices, procedures, operations and standard methodologies
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years as an engineering consultant, outside systems engineer or similar
- Strong technical writing skills to develop system documentation
- Ability to build technical solution drawings
- Strong social and communication skills
- Self-motivated to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge to improve value and to deliver quality services to our customers. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience
- Ability to mentor other Engineers
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively
- Projects a professional image and strong business insight during customer interactions.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work efficiently
Shannon Malcom Peters
Executive Technical Recruiter - Direct Hire Services
Shannon has been with EdgeLink for 10+ years and is the most senior recruiter on the direct-hire services team. She has extensive experience in recruiting practices and development, as well as client and account management. Her focus is on building long-term business partnerships with her candidates and clients to provide exceptional talent solutions.
Shannon holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Linfield College.