What kind of job are you looking for?
Embedded Software Engineer
9405 SW Gemini Drive Beaverton, OR 97008
We are seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer who values intellectual challenge, good judgment, and sound technical abilities in equal measure. Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering correct, stable, and high-performance solutions in C++
- Leading integrations in third-party embedded systems products
- Implementing, testing, and delivering new algorithms in 1D and 2D signal processing
- API design for internal and external customers
As an engineer in a small, fast-paced team, this individual will be responsible for development of embedded software. Working collaboratively, the engineer will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, implementation, debugging, unit tests and documentation. The engineer will work with researchers and other embedded systems engineers to convert reference models to product-ready software. The technology focus is implementation of algorithms related to content identification technologies (digital watermarking, 1D and 2D barcodes, etc.) to enable innovative applications. Limited travel may be required.
Throughout our work, positive collaboration with other developers, QA staff, researchers, product management, and partners is essential to success.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of team software development experience
- BSEE, BSCS, or other strong mathematical education
- Effective C++ development, test, and debugging skills in embedded systems
- Enjoys learning new algorithms and internalizing their meaning
- Possesses strong technical curiosity, is self-motivated, collaborative, and able to prioritize tasks
- Experienced with performance measurement and optimization of mathematical algorithms
- Strong grasp of emerging technologies, best practices, and robust architectures
- Adept at modern source control, unit test, and continuous integration workflows
- Familiarity with general-purpose scripting languages
- Command-line tool development for Windows, Linux, or Mac as needed
- Demonstrates clear spoken and written communications skills.
- Experience with signal processing or graphics algorithms
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Octave
- Experience with ARM NEON programming or other SIMD instructions is a plus
- Interest in digital watermarking technology
- Japanese language skills
Shannon Malcom Peters
Executive Technical Recruiter - Direct Hire Services
Shannon has been with EdgeLink for 10+ years and is the most senior recruiter on the direct-hire services team. She has extensive experience in recruiting practices and development, as well as client and account management. Her focus is on building long-term business partnerships with her candidates and clients to provide exceptional talent solutions.
Shannon holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Linfield College.