What kind of job are you looking for?
Embedded Software Engineer C++/Linux
9300 SW Gemini Drive Beaverton, OR 97008
EdgeLink is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to design, implement, test, debug, integrate and maintain embedded software for networked digital media processing equipment and related accessory products.
• Analyze new product functional requirements to determine required data structures and behaviors
• Create written documentation for firmware designs using UML
• Design and implement firmware modules using C, C++, object-oriented modeling, and standard design patterns and techniques
• Define test cases and write test automation which effectively validate module designs
• Work with desktop software developers to ensure interoperability between software and embedded software components
• Work with Software Quality Assurance and Technical Support to investigate and correct reported system behavioral abnormalities
• Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 5+ years of commercial embedded software development experience.
• Experience with embedded software (firmware) development for custom hardware
• Familiarity with digital electronics hardware design
• Proficiency with C++ programming language
• Experience with one or more scripting languages (preferably Python)
• Experience with Linux software development
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with the following preferred
• Linux system administration
• Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
• Audio and/or video signal processing.
Our client offers competitive pay plus fantastic benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k)plan including match.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Founder and Managing Director
In addition to maintaining several key clients, Jeff is also responsible for the general management of EdgeLink. His primary areas of focus are to advance the overall growth of EdgeLink, including business development, brand exposure, EdgeLink’s Loyalty index (ELi) and the overall working culture.
Prior to co-founding EdgeLink, Jeff was managing director for a publicly held search firm based in Silicon Valley. He was responsible for growing Portland’s direct-hire division into the most consistent and successful market nationwide.
Jeff holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Lewis and Clark College.